Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Introduction

I've always been fascinated with the whole concept of blogging and the idea that through posting your thoughts and happenings online for the whole world to read, and in turn you reading other people's blogs, the concept of globalisation and the world getting smaller and more connected really starts to dawn on me.

I've been playing around with the idea of starting my own blog for some time now and have always put it off due to either a busy work day or just pure procrastination which, as you will learn about me in later posts, I'm very good at. In fact if procrastination was an Olympic sport I would definitely be part of a national team and would've won a few medals by now.

A few months back however I was introduced to some friends' blogs and have followed their adventures quite closely since that introduction and after a while I felt very selfish as I was reading other people's happenings without ever letting them read mine, and so this is how my blog was born.

As to a little abit of info on who I am, I'm a born and bred Joburg boy. I love the city, the energy, the people, and everything else that goes with it. By profession I'm an attorney, hence the title of my blog, and I love what I do. Most of the time.

I'm currently engaged to the most amazing woman and I'm finally making the final plans on settling down and starting a new chapter of my life.

Well this is my first post of hopefully many and I will try my sincerest not to let the procrastination thing interfere with my posting.


4 comments:

  1. Great start... but you forgot to say how inspired the friends blogs are - and how they are so brilliantly written that they inspire you to do the same...

    hehehe

    good to have you in blogland, mickey g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to use your very first blog to throw a comment at Rambler... but LOL - that's very funny.

    Welcom Mickey G...

    Only one of those is awardwinning, inspirational and funny and a gift to humankind.

    The other one just kind of makes it in there for delving into the world of gererally useless information and making strange links to obscure links to even more mundane life analagies. I'm glad they've inspired though. Hope you get more in than I have in the past few weeks - but I really needed to knuckle down to my superheroes.

    Ciao4Now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys you, both have awsome blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mr Mickey G - always good to meet newbie bloggers. I look forward to hanging out. And yes, Redi is a very smart cookie; I listen to her often on Cape Talk. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete