Friday, May 29, 2009

Soccer Excitement


I've been running around this morning, and along my travels I happened to drive past Soccer City in Crown Mines, and actually had to slow down and really take the stadium in.

Most people know that Soccer City is going to host the Johannesburg leg of the world cup, and most people have seen it on the telli, but it's just mind blowing seeing it in real life.

It's calabash design is spectacular and driving past this morning really instilled a sense of pride in our Country. It going to be the 6th largest stadium in the world and will hold around 90 000 spectators. Very cool.

Often we surrounded by alot of negativity about our country and it gets people down, including me, however seeing something like this just shows that in some areas of life we are getting things right, and hopefully this will rub off on the other areas that are struggling a little.

As it's Friday I won't get all deep and mushy, however if you do drive past the stadium slow down a little or even stop and really take it in, it's amazing. Click here for more info on the stadium.

As for my plans for the weekend, nothing special is planned. I hear it might be a little chilly this weekend, so I think I'll use our fireplace for the first time, with a glass of wine and a good movie. And of course I believe there's a rugby game to watch.

Go Bulls!

Until Monday, enjoy the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. There are quite a few things that bring me hope for our land.

    The biggest hope I have that there will be an end to the roadworks. And hopefully, by the time they're done, there won't be enough cars to clog up the highways for at least another 15 years....

    Yip, there is an upside to car sales declining after all. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete