Friday, June 26, 2009

Are Fridays supposed to be this hectic?

Wow, really didn't expect today to start off the way it did. Yesterday afternoon I was looking forward to a Friday where everyone would be slightly hungover due to the celebrations last night of Bafan Bafana's win. Alas that never happened even though our boys in green and gold did us proud.

Then of course there's the tragic news of the passing of Michael Jackson that was on the radio as I rather abruptly slid into consciousness this morning. Now I know that I'm not the first person to write about this and probably won't be the last but it's always a sad time when you lose any person, especially an icon. I won't go on about his life, as unless you've been living under a rock in deepest Russia for the last twenty years you know all about MJ, suffice to say I immedately thought about my mom buying me a copy of his 'Bad' album on tape and jamming to it in my giraffe jarmies at the tender age of 6 or 7. Rest In Peach Michael.

Further bad news followed in that I heard about the passing of Farrah Fawcett. Now I admit that Farrah was a little ahead of my time so I don't know too much about her, except she looked hot in a bikini in her hay day. Anyway I'm sure she's in a better place and I'm sure her family are glad that she's finally over her suffering. Rest In Peace Farrah.

Anyway life must go on and those that have pass will always live on in the memories of others.



No comments:

Post a Comment