Friday, July 17, 2009

Problem Solver

Well its been long time since my last post, and I'm going to admit that I'm struggling to get into the whole routine of regular posting. I've kinda got into a routine of putting cream on regularly, and that's a big first for me, so I'm hoping the blogging thing will follow suit.

So what's been happening in my life you ask? Well not much actually. I hit a slump at work recently, but if you did what I did, you would to. Don't get me wrong I love my job, I just get tired sometimes with sorting out peoples' problems. Because that's ultimately what an attorney is, a problem solver. You don't phone up an attorney and pay them by the hour if you didn't have a problem.

However there are client's that can't distinguish between a problem solver and a magician.

A problem solver is someone that looks at the problem objectively and plots out a plan to remedy the problem and implements that plan. That's me.

A magician is someone you get to perform at your kid's party. That's not me.
Even though some client's think I'm a magician, I'm actually not. So please don't phone and try and book me for any kids parties.

Despite the above distinction client's think I possess some magical qualities and will just make their problem disappear into a hat, leaving them with a fluffy bunny and my bill.

And what makes this observation even more obscure is that by the time they phone me to tell me about their problem they have managed to get themselves so deep into the brown stuff that the only way they getting out is with the use of heavy machinery, no matter how many letters I write.

Anyway enough bitching, even though this is my blog and I'm allowed to bitch.

If you know me and you want to make plans over 6 - 14 August, please don't. I will be in Monaco over this period and consequently unavailable. Yes you read correctly, Monaco, as in Monaco GP, fuck off rich people and lots of yachts.

My Monaco trip was conceptualised, planned and executed in three hours. I haven't even planned a trip to Harties in three hours, but planning for trip to Monaco went something like this:

D: I have a client who has invited us to Monaco for the long weekend, what do you think?

M: I think that's pretty wild. What do you think?

D: I think we should go, what do you think?

M: I think so too. I'll check flights.

And so flights were booked and off we go.

Parlevoux Francais? (I know it's spelt wrong, I'm not french)

1 comment: