Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to reality

Well its been a good few weeks since my last entry and having a look at a few of the other blogs I follow, it seems that my fellow bloggers are also struggling to keep up with regular postings. It may be the cold weather that freezes our creative juices, or it may just be a case of our lives consuming us to the point whereby we don't have time to sit down and post about the experiences in our daily lives.

As I previously mentioned I was off to Monaco and returned on Saturday. "What was it like?" I hear you ask, well I'm not too sure where to begin suffice to say that one blog entry will not do my trip any justice.

Firstly everything you imagine Monaco to be is true. Yes it is unlike any place you will visit and it is everything you see on TV when watching the Monaco GP. I'm not sure if it's because I went in their peak season (August in Europe is their summer holidays) or because I was just loving the perfect summer weather but it really is the place of dreams. It has to be one of the cleanest cities I've visited and also the richest. It truly is the playground of the rich and famous. You see so many yachts and sports cars that after a few days you don't even turn around when another Ferrari drives up the street.

We not only went to Monaco but travelled to various little villages throughout the south of France and the north of Italy, all of them rich in history to the point that time has hardly touched them.

I'm hoping that as I recall my experiences that each one will be a blog subject in its own so that I can try and share these places with you.

but alas I'm now back in reality and back in the office trying to catchup the last week and going into the final stretch of wedding plans. Needless to say the next month will probably be the busiest and quickest I have yet to experience.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it was good. I have another friend in Monaco at the moment - seems like it's all the rage.

    Dammit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it is the place to be, maybe a honeymoon idea for you?

    ReplyDelete