Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's finally happened


Well it's finally happened. I've put it off for nearly a year, proudly fighting it every singe day, smug in the knowledge that I was winning, until today.

Yip it feels like I'm getting flu.

Now before you panic and start jumping to illogical conclusions about my recent travels and the possibility of swine flu, let me ease your mind that overall I feel strong like bull except that right at the back of my throat it feels like there's a little piece of sandpaper that's rubbing against my esophagus. and so I arrived at this office this morning armed with a new tub of Viral Choice (which I swear by, Debs however thinks the only thing they good for is heartburn) and some of those throat lozenges sweets that make your tongue go numb. Which is not a bad thing, except in meetings where the phrase 'tongue tied' takes on a whole new meaning.

I digress, anyway I'm hoping that armed with my vitamins and lozenges I will fight this bug and win. I have to win. At all costs. Why?

Because I have a bachelor party coming up folks and I can't be running around with a box of tissues on my bachelors.

Can you imagine the story:"No there was no strippers or alcohol, but don't worry the abundant supply of Vicks vapour rub made up for it." I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment