Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Prescription Meds


Well it's a new week and my flu has now nicely settled in. Exactly four days before my bachelor's party. Determined not to be sick on Saturday I went to the Doc yesterday afternoon with one simple instruction: "Make me better. Quickly." Needless to say she has prescribed enough medication to treat most of the people living in sub Sahara Africa. I'll be surprised if I ever get sick again after I finish the course of meds she's got me on.

As it is I'm not the biggest pill popper in the world, in fact I would rather cough and sneeze myself to a gradual recovery than take pharmaceuticals, however as time is of the essence I have resorted to a daily dose of pills which for the next four days take the place of dinner.

Change of subject, I have slowly begun following more and more blogs as time has passed and especially since starting my own. I do this for a few reasons, but mainly for inspiration, as a good few bloggers that I follow have become authors of their own books, which often follow the theme of their blogs. Not that I want to publish a book. Ok maybe one day, but I follow them more for their style of writing and as mentioned for inspiration.

Once such blog I came across recently is entitled Bete de Jour which is a blogger's recording of his day to day life as a ugly man and ultimately his search for love whilst fighting his feelings of inadequacy. Not only is this a funny journey, but also superbly written and very entertaining.

Anyhow looking forward to getting through this week and regaining my health for what I'm sure will be a very interesting weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Will check out your blog recommendation... and hope you feel better soon!!

    I think flu is your punishment for not taking friends to Monaco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, I was silly to think such an indulgence would go unpunished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post... I'm back from the 'dead' too!! I got some cathcing up to do!

    Nice new profile pic. very sexy! LOL. Hope the batchelors was groovin and you're not paying the price too heavily

    Ciao4Now
    FJ

    ReplyDelete